Chapter 3 – Image Bearing and Shadow Casting
- Download and Complete: Chapter 3 – Bible Study Lesson
- Pre-Read Scripture for Chapter 3: Hebrews 8:1-6, Hebrews 10:1-7, Colossians 2:6-17
- Read Rethinking Rest – Chapter 3 – “Image Bearing and Shadow Casting”
- Discuss Your Responses to the Chapter – Bible Study Lesson w/ Others
- Discuss Follow-Up Questions for Chapter 3
- Which of your family members do you think you resemble the most? What characteristics do you share?
- This chapter suggested that part of bearing God’s image is accomplished through what we do. In what ways have you seen God’s image displayed through the actions of other people? How do you try to display God’s image?
- In the author’s “sprinkler-system analogy” what did he suggest about humanity being bystanders? Do you agree with his conclusion?
- Was there any new information for you in the discussion about philosophy, Plato, and the analogy of the Cave?
- How do you feel about the New Testament authors using concepts from secular philosophy to describe the law and Jesus? Can you think of a way to describe Jesus ministry using modern secular ideas?
- Watch Rethinking Rest Videos
- IMAGE OF GOD (6 min) – BibleProject
- Podcast Episodes:
- E1 – HUMANS AS MIDDLE MANAGEMENT (45 min) – BibleProject – Episode 1 – Image of God Podcast Series
- E2 – GOD & HUMAN’S MAKEOVER (47 min) – BibleProject – Episode 2 – Image of God Podcast Series
- E3 – THE GARDEN WAS NOT PERFECT (67 min) – BibleProject – Episode 3 – Image of God Podcast Series
- E4 – GLORY OF GOD (52 min) – BibleProject – Episode 4 – Image of God Podcast Series
- IMAGE OF GOD PODCAST SERIES – BibleProject – This is a link to the series page.