Chapter 4 – The Fulfillment of Rest
- Download and Complete: Chapter 4 – Bible Study Lesson
- Pre-Read Scripture for Chapter 4: Matthew 5:16-20, Luke 4:14-22, Matthew 11:25-12:14
- Read Rethinking Rest – Chapter 4 – “The Fulfillment of Rest”
- Discuss Your Responses to the Chapter – Bible Study Lesson w/ Others
- Discuss Follow-Up Questions for Chapter 4
- How did this chapter describe Jesus’ fulfillment of the Old Testament? Have you’ve thought about Jesus’ ministry in that way before?
- Was there anything new for you in the discussion about Jesus reading from the book of Isaiah in the synagogue in Nazareth?
- Jesus’ offer of rest was given with a “yoke analogy”. What did you learn about yokes from this chapter?
- What would it look like for you to fully step under Jesus’ yoke? How could today change if He were the one in charge of that relationship?
- How did the author describe Jesus’ “Lord of the Sabbath” claim? Does that understanding change your idea of sabbath at all?
- Do you have any new thoughts or perspectives about communion as a “sign” of the New Covenant?
- Watch Rethinking Rest Videos
- Podcast Episodes: