Chapter 5 – There Remains a Sabbath Rest
- Download and Complete: Chapter 5 – Bible Study Lesson
- Pre-Read Scripture for Chapter 1: Hebrews 10:1-14, Hebrews 3:5-4:11, John 4:3-26
- Read Rethinking Rest – Chapter 5 – “There Remains a Sabbath Rest”
- Discuss Your Responses to the Chapter – Bible Study Lesson w/ Others
- Discuss Follow-Up Questions for Chapter 5
- This chapter suggested that for something to be made “perfect” could also be understood as “maturity”. What are some different ways you have matured in your life?
- What were the differences between wells and springs offered in this chapter? How did the author connect that to Jesus’ conversation with the Samaritan woman in John 4?
- How did the author describe what “taking away the first” means? How might this change our understanding of sabbath rest?
- The author suggests there’s some irony in Hebrews 4:8 with the mention of Joshua. How is it that Jesus’ is better than the Old Testament character?
- Describe what is meant by the phrase “Biblical Co-Dependency”. How are you at recognizing these types of relationships when you read the Bible?
- Watch Rethinking Rest Videos
- Podcast Episodes:
- 7TH DAY REST PODCAST SERIES – BibleProject (14 total episodes)
- THE QUEST FOR FINAL REST (58 min) – BibleProject – Episode 14 – 7th Day Rest Series
- EXPLORING MY STRANGE BIBLE PODCAST – HEBREWS STUDY– Tim Mackie – (8 total episodes)
- E3 – INVITATION TO REST (48 min) – Tim Mackie- Episode 3 – Hebrews Study