- Download and Complete: Afterword – Bible Study Lesson (Not Yet Available)
- Pre-Read Scripture for the Afterword: (Not Yet Available)
- Read Rethinking Rest – Afterword – “The Eighth Day”
- Reference the Electronic Endnotes for the Afterword.
- Discuss Your Responses to the Chapter – Bible Study Lesson w/ Others
- Discuss Follow-Up Questions for Chapter 1
- What are some practices you could begin that would help you regularly reset towards rest?
- Has your health ever sidelined you? How could you establish intentional routines that allow you to treat the different aspects of your physical, mental, and emotional health?
- In what ways has God renewed your spirit regarding sin? What practices could you put in place to help you disentangle from sin?
- How might rethinking the topic of rest change your sabbath routine? Are there any changes that need to take place?
- Do you agree that we need to reframe the concept of rest today? How might new vocabulary and the signs of baptism and communion contribute to the reframing process?
- Watch Rethinking Rest Videos
- Epilogue – Session 1 – (Not Yet Available)
Zackery, Curtis. Soul Rest: Reclaim Your Life; Return to Sabbath. Edited by Abigail Stocker, Justin Marr, Lynnea Smoyer, and Christy Callahan. Bellingham, WA: Kirkdale Press, 2018.