Afterward – The Eighth Day
- Pre-Read Scripture for the Afterword: Hebrews 12:1-3, Romans 13:12, Ephesians 4:17-32, Colossians 3:5-11, James 1:21, 1 Peter 2:1
- Read Rethinking Rest – Afterword – “The Eighth Day”
- Reference the Electronic Endnotes for Afterword – The Eighth Day.
- Discuss Group Follow-Up Questions for Afterward – The Eighth Day
- What are some practices you could begin that would help you regularly reset towards rest?
- Has your health ever sidelined you? How could you establish intentional routines that allow you to treat the different aspects of your physical, mental, and emotional health?
- In what ways has God renewed your spirit regarding sin? What practices could you put in place to help you disentangle from sin?
- How might rethinking the topic of rest change your sabbath routine? Are there any changes that need to take place?
- Do you agree that we need to reframe the concept of rest today? How might new vocabulary and the signs of baptism and communion contribute to the reframing process?
Zackery, Curtis. Soul Rest: Reclaim Your Life; Return to Sabbath. Edited by Abigail Stocker, Justin Marr, Lynnea Smoyer, and Christy Callahan. Bellingham, WA: Kirkdale Press, 2018.